Paris is a city in Henry County, Tennessee, 86 miles (138km) west of Nashville, on a fork of the West Sandy River. In 1900, 2,018 people lived in Paris, Tennessee; in 1910, 3,881; and in 1940, 6,395. As of the 2000 census, the city had a total population of 9,763. It is the county seat of Henry County. A 60-foot (18m) tall replica of the Eiffel Tower stands in Paris. Paris is also home of the "World's Biggest Fish Fry". Paris was incorporated on 30 September 1823. It was the first town incorporated in west Tennessee, followed by Lexington on 9 October 1824, and Memphis on 19 December 1826.