Loudon Park Cemetery a subsidiary of Stewart Enterprises, Inc., the second largest operator of funeral homes and cemeteries in the United States, is a 350-acre (142 ha) cemetery in Baltimore, Maryland. It was incorporated in 1853 on the site of the "Loudon" estate, previously owned by a local merchant and politician. A portion of the eastern section is owned by the Federal Government as Loudon Park National Cemetery, acquired in 1861 for the remains of Union soldiers killed during the Civil War, 2,300 eventually being buried there. There is also a Confederate soldiers section, marked by a statue of a Confederate soldier. Since 2003, nearly all of the more than 600 Confederates in this section have had new markers put on their graves under an "Adopt-a-Confederate" program. The entrance for Loudon Park Cemetery is located at 3620 Wilkens Avenue.