The First Presbyterian Church is a historic church building in Columbia
, South Carolina
. Constructed in 1854, it was added to the National Register of Historic Places on January 25, 1971.The 1813 building still exists, and is now known as Jackson Hall. A new, larger English Gothic structure was built in 1854. Though spared the torch during Sherman's march to the sea, the building's original 180-foot spire was destroyed in an 1875 hurricane, and rebuilt in 1888.The church is currently a member of the Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church, and the current pastor is Sinclair B. Ferguson.Among the notable people buried in the church's cemetery.