The building was constructed by Juan de Villanueva in 1788, to house the site of the Casa de Nuevo Rezado of the Hieronymite monks. It is a Neoclassic style building of great simplicity. Outside and worthy of note is the main front, with crowned entrances and a projecting balcony, adorned with a screen of San Lorenzo. Recently restored by the architect Chueca Goitia.
Construction: Public building
Artistic period: Neo-classical
Historic period: 18th century
Only the exterior of the monument can be visited.