The Great Mosque of Kano is a mosque in Kano, the capital of Kano State and second most populous city in Nigeria.
The great mosque was built for Muhammad Rumfa in the 15th century. It was made of mud, and was of the soro, or tower, variety. It was moved to a new site by Muhammad Zaki in 1582, and rebuilt in the mid 19th century by Abdullahi dan Dabo. It was destroyed in the 1950s, and rebuilt with British sponsorship.