Poggibonsi is a town in the province of Siena, Tuscany, Italy. It is the main centre of the Valdelsa Valley. The area around Poggibonsi was already settled in the Neolithic age, although the first traces of civilisation dates from Etruscan-Roman age, attested by a series of necropolises and by placenames such as "Talciona" or "Marturi".
The Palazzo Pretorio (late 13th century), with the annexed Torre del Podestà was the seat of the local government until the construction of the Palazzo Comunale in the 19th century. The lower floor, with the loggia, is travertine, while the upper section is brick and travertine. Since 1997, it has housed a palaeontological museum.
The Church of San Lorenzo, built by the Augustinian order in Gothic-Romanesque style. In 1495, it was the seat of the meeting between Charles VIII of France and Girolamo Savonarola. The interior houses a painting by Neri di Bicci of St. Nicholas, a 14th century wooden crucifix by Giovanni d'Agostino and a painting of the Madonna delle Grazie.
Santuario del Romituzzo, an ancient building which houses the venerated image of the Madonna of the Snow. The bell tower and the portico are from the 15th century.