The palace was built in 1461-1469, perhaps under the design of Giuliano da Maiano, for Giovanni di Bono Boni. The unfinished palace was sold in 1475 to the Martelli family; in 1506, they sold it to Nicolò Antinori, who commissioned several modification (rear façade) and embellishments (internal garden), perhaps to Baccio d'Agnolo.
The interior has a Renaissance portico on three sides, with round arches, cross vaults and sandstone (pietra serena) columns with sculpted capitals. The pivots of the vaults have similar decorations.
On a wall is 18th century-style niche with a fountain with a statue of Venus and sponge-like rocks.
The garden is accessed through an internal gate which is similar to that in Palazzo Bartolini-Salimbeni
, which led to the attribution of the 16th century renovations to Baccio d'Agnolo.