Marina di Grosseto is a famous tourist destination located twelve kilometers from Grosseto; it is an important seaside resort in Grossetan Maremma. Once a fishing village, it is known for its hilly hinterland, rich in macchia and wide beaches overlooking the Tyrrhenian Sea, with a vast pine forest that extends from Punta Ala to the Uccellina Mountains.
The town is situated around the center of San Rocco, and the first reports of a residential settlement, dates back to 1793 when Torre del Sale commissioned by Ferdinand III of Tuscany was finished.
Because of its clean water Marina di Grosseto has received the Blue flag of FEEE (Foundation for Environmental Education in Europe). Located on the border with The Natural Park of Maremma, not far from the mouth of the river Ombrone, Marina di Grosseto has fallen dramatically since the beginning of urbanization in the 20th century and even more after the remediation work that involved the entire Maremma district in the 30's.