Opened in 1877, the station is a junction of three lines, the Trento
railway, the Vicenza
railway and the Calalzo–Padua
railway, respectively. As such, it is one of the busiest railway junctions in the region.
The station is currently owned by Rete Ferroviaria Italiana (RFI). The commercial area of the passenger building is managed by Centostazioni. Train services to and from the station are operated by Trenitalia. Each of these companies is a subsidiary of Ferrovie dello Stato (FS), Italy's state-owned rail company.
- The passenger building is a large three storey structure. Passenger services inside the building include ticketing, a waiting area, and a bar, all on the ground floor.
- There are seven tracks running through the station, all of them equipped with platforms connected by a subway. Each platform has a shelter made of iron.
- The goods yard has several tracks and a building, and is still partly used. In future, goods movements at the station will probably increase, because of a recent decision to dispose of old wooden sleepers by transporting them north to Sweden.
Passenger and train movements
The station has about 3.2 million passenger movements each year. All trains transiting through the station stop there. The main destinations are Trento, Venezia, Padua, Treviso, Vicenza and Calalzo.