The Port of Cirebon is a multipurpose seaport in the city of Cirebon on the north coast of the Indonesian island of Java. Port activity is dominated by bulk imports of coal, liquid asphalt and vegetable oils for the West Java hinterland. Minor operations include a small container terminal and a single passenger berth. In 2006 the port handled 3.27 million metric tons (MT) of trade, more than 90 percent as imports from other Indonesian ports.
The Port of Cirebon was established by the Dutch East India Company in 1865, principally as an export point for spices, sugar cane and raw materials from West Java. Warehouses and open storage areas were developed by 1890, and a British American Tobacco cigarette factory was built in the early twentieth century. The Port does not have its own Port Authority. From 1927 to 1957 it was administered by the port authority for Semarang, and thereafter by the port authority for Tanjung Priok.