Medan City Hall (Gedung Balai Kota) is located on Jalan Balai Kota (City Hall Street), Medan, North Sumatra. It was built during the Dutch East Indies era in 1908 by Hulswit & Fermont, and updated in 1923 by Eduard Cuypers (nephew of Pierre Cuypers), architect of other notable colonial buildings in the Indies.
The City Hall is kilometre zero in Medan, and was originally built for De Javasche Bank (now Bank Indonesia), but was instead purchased by the City Council of Medan. Its bell was donated in 1913 from the Tjong A Fie Mansion. Medan City Hall is now overshadowed by the giant three-skyscraper 'Grand Aston City Hall' hotel-office-retail complex, situated just behind it.