Jatinegara Station is a railway station in Jakarta. The station is the main entrance to Jakarta from cities east of Jakarta. The station is located at Bekasi Barat Raya street at Jatinegara, East Jakarta. Jatinegara station is operated by the PT. KAI - Operational Division 1 (Daop 1) Jakarta.
Jatinegara station was built in 1910 during the Dutch colonial period. It was known then as Meester Cornelis station. The station was designed by S. Snuyff, the head of the department of public work of the Indies at that time. Jatinegara station was the main station for the independent municipality of Meester Cornelis (now Jatinegara, a subdistrict of Jakarta). The station was meant to be the main connection to the east (Bandung).