The Warangal Fort with its impressive and beautifully carved thoranan arches, and pillars inside are spread over a radius of 19 kilometers between Hanamkonda and Warangal; this impregnable fort was popularly known as the seat of power. This fort consists of seven towers, within a radius of 8 kilometers. The main fort has 45 towers and a temple of mother earth in the middle of the fort (Swayam Bhudevi Alayam). A legendary master piece known as Khush Mahal built by Shittabh Khan (Reign 1504-1512) is situated close to the glorious Warangal Fort. Even today, the beautifully carved gateway located within the fort-the famous 'Ekashila'- symbolises the Kakatiya Empire and Warangal like the Charminar does for Hyderabad.