On the 30th of November,1843, St Andrews Church was originally built under the supervision of Captain Bishop. This initial church could accommodate a congregation of 150 people. The total cost incurred in the construction of this building was approximately Rs 9000/- on that point of time.
The walls along the interiosr of this church are inlaid mural tables which remind us of some of the old residents and settlers, like the chief Lt. General A. Lloyd, the discoverer of Darjeeling.
However, this church was rebuilt later again in 1873.