Ratanpur is a town and a nagar panchayat in Bilaspur district in the Indian state of Chhattisgarh. It is located about 25 km from Bilaspur on the National Highway 200 towards Ambikapur.
Ratanpur was founded by Ratanraj or Ratandeva son of Kamaladeo, the grandson on Kalingaraj, who conquered the area of Chhattisgarh and shifted his capital from Tuman to Ratanpur in 11th century AD. In 1407 Kingdom of Ratanpur was divided in to two parts, with junior branch ruling from Raipur. It continued to be the capital of Haihaiyavansi Kingdom till 18th century, who ruled large parts of areas of Chhattisgarh, till the area passed in to control of Bhosle & later British.
The town is popular as a religious center and many devotees come here to offer their prayers and seek the blessings at the Mahamaya Temple. Many other temples such as Bhudha Mahadev and Ramtekri are also situated there.
It is around 25 km form Bilaspur (2nd biggest town in Chattisgarh state after Raipur). Journey up to Raipur can be done through plane, train or bus then regular buses and train are available to Bilaspur. It is only 15 km from Nirdhi and 30 km from Pali.