Ram Jhula is an iron suspension bridge situated at Muni Ki Reti in Rishikesh in Indian state of Uttarakhand. Built in the 1980s, over river Ganges to cross the river and is a landmark of Rishikesh. Ram jhula is located 3 kilometres (1.9 mt) north of Rishikesh at Muni Ki Reti. There are some of the Hindu ashrams and religious centers like "The Gita Bhawan", and "Swarg Ashram" located here. It is also a connecting bridge between Swargadham, Gita Bhawan and other temples with Sivananda Ashram. Though similar in design, this bridge is bigger than Lakshman Jhula This bridge constructed with the span of 450 feet (140 m) and above 59 feet (18 m) from summer water level.
The bridge was opened for public by H.E. Sir Malcolm Haley, Governor of the United Provinces on April 11, 1930. The bridge was constructed by the public works department during the years 1927-1929. It replaces the old bridge of 284 feet span, which was gifted by Rai Bahadur Surajmal Jhunjhunwala, father of Rai Bhadur Shewpershad Tulshan, and was situated about 200 feet downstream. This was washed away by the flood of October 1924 which undermined the left abutment. The extra cost of rebuilding this new bridge as nearly as possible on the site of the old bridge has been contributed by Rai Bhadur Shewpershad Tulshan to perpeturate the honored memory of his father, and no tax or toll will ever be imposed or realized for crossing this bridge.