Hazarduari Palace Museum is located in the Hazarduari Palace in Murshidabad, former capital of Bengal. Murshidabad is at a distance of 219 kms from Kolkata by road. It was built during the reign of Nawab Nazim Humayun Jah (1824 – 1838 AD) by famous architect McLeod Duncan following Greek (Doric) style. The name of the palace owes to more than thousand real and false doors, vast corridors in it. In 1985, the palace was handed over to the Archaeological Survey of India for better preservation.
The museum is regarded as the biggest site museum of Archaeological Survey of India and has got 20 displayed galleries containing 4742 antiquities out of which 1034 has been displayed for the public. The collection of antiquities include various weapons, oil paintings of Dutch, French and Italian artists, marble statues, metal objects, porcelain and stucco statues, farmans, rare books, old maps, manuscripts, land revenue records, palanquin mostly belonging to eighteenth and nineteenth centuries.