The Government Museum and Art Gallery, Chandigarh is an art gallery in the Indian Union Territory Chandigarh, located in the city of Chandigarh (Sector 10-C near the Rose Garden). Established in August 1947, the building is square 165x165 feet (50x50m) and was designed by Le Corbusier. It is led by curator and director N.P.S. Randhawa and the Museum Advisory Committee. The museum/art gallery exhibits 10,000 mostly Indian artwork such as sculptures and paintings. The attached Reference library houses approximately 10,000 media. There are two museum shops and a small cafeteria.
The Government Museum and Art Gallery has the following sections other than the gallery itself:
- The National History Museum
- The National Gallery of Portraits
- The Chandigarh Architecture Museum