Saint-Philippe du Roule is a station on line 9 of the Paris Métro. The station opened on 27 May 1923 with the extension of the line from Trocadéro to Saint-Augustin. The village of Roule, which became a suburb in 1722, was a small locality called Romiliacum by Frédégaire, Crioilum by Saint Eligius, then Rolus in the 12th century.
North of the station is the fashionable street of Rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré and the church of Saint-Philippe du Roule. A chapel was established in the district of Bas-Roule, near a leprosarium. It was replaced by a more important church, which was built by Jean Chalgrin between 1774 and 1784. The church of Saint-Philippe du Roule was built in the style of a Greco-Roman basilica. It was enlarged by Godde in 1845 and Victor Baltard in 1860. Its pediment, representing Religion and its attributes, is by François-Joseph Duret.