The church of Saint-Ambroise is located in the 11th arrondissement of Paris. It was named after its neighborhood, the quartier Saint-Ambroise.
Construction and Consecration:
Located at 71 Boulevard Voltaire, Saint-Ambroise was built between 1863 and 1868, shortly after the construction of the new Boulevard du Prince-Eugène, which was later renamed Boulevard Voltaire. It replaced a church called Notre-Dame de la Procession which was located close to the path of the new street at about the location of the public garden. The church was designed by architect Théodore Ballu. Saint-Ambroise was consecrated by cardinal Léon-Adolphe Amette on 7 December 1910.
Garden and Sculpture:
In front of the church a small public garden includes a sculpture honoring sixty years of Catholic Aid, donated by local residents and sculpted by G. Chance.