Mabillon is a station on line 10 of the Paris Metro in the heart of the Left Bank and the 6th arrondissement. The station opened on 10 March 1925 as part of the line's extension from Croix Rouge (a station between Sèvres - Babylone and Mabillon, which was closed during World War II). It was the eastern teminus of the line until its extension to Odéon on 14 April 1926. It is named after the nearby street, Rue Mabillon, which is named after Jean Mabillon (1632-1707), a Benedictine monk and scholar, considered the founder of palaeography and diplomatics, who died nearby. The station is close to Saint-Germain-des-Prés on Paris Métro Line 4, but there is no free transfer between the two stations.