Invalides is a station on lines 8 and 13 of the Paris Métro and RER in the 7th arrondissement, located near and named after Les Invalides. The station was opened on 13 July 1913 as part of the original section of Line 8 between Beaugrenelle (now Charles Michels on line 10) and Opéra. The line 13 platforms were opened on 20 December 1923 as part of the original section of line 10 between Invalides and Croix Rouge (a station east of Sèvres - Babylone, which was closed during World War II).
On 27 July 1937 the section of line 10 between Invalides and Duroc was transferred to become the first section of old line 14, which was connected under the Seine and incorporated into line 13 on 9 November 1976. The Palais Bourbon, seat of the French National Assembly (the lower house of the French Parliament), is nearby.