Havre - Caumartin is a station of the Paris Métro, serving both lines 3 and 9.Its opening dates from October 1904, with the opening of the first section of Line 3 between the Avenue de Villiers (now known simply as Villiers) and Père Lachaise. The line 9 platforms opened on 3 June 1923 with the extension of the line from Saint-Augustin to Chaussée d'Antin - La Fayette.
The station is situated at the intersection of the Rue de Caumartin and the Boulevard Haussmann, and about 100 metres from the Rue du Havre. The Rue du Havre runs in front of the Gare Saint-Lazare, which is one of the principal destinations for Paris Métro travelers from Havre-Caumartin.
The station takes the last half of its name from the Marquis de Saint-Ange, François Le Fèvre de Caumartin, who was a forerunner of the merchants of Paris during the 18th century. The station is located at one end of the street that today carries his name.