Saint Saviour is an Anglo-Catholic church in Pimlico, located at the north end of St George's Square. It was constructed in the 1860s as part of Thomas Cubitt's development of the area on behalf of the Marquess of Westminster. The church was designed by Thomas Cundy, who had previously built St Gabriel's Pimlico a short distance away. As with St Gabriel's, St Saviour's was designed in the Gothic style and built in ragstone to emphasise the contrast with the classical stucco of its secular neighbours. The building is Grade II* listed.
The foundation stone was laid on the 16th June 1863, and the church was consecrated on the 16th July 1864. The spire, at 170 feet (51.8m) high, was one of the tallest in London. At that time, the church interior looked rather bare. There were two long galleries extending from the chancel to the west end and there was no screen or pulpit, just a small brass lectern.