St. Peter's Church, Eaton Square, is a large Church of England church which stands at the east end of Eaton Square, Belgravia, London SW1, On 19 October 1991. The Times newspaper wrote “St Peter’s must now rank as one of the most beautiful churches in London”. It is a Grade II* listed building.
St. Peter's was designed in a classical style by the architect Henry Hakewill, and featured a six-columned Ionic portico and a clock tower. It was built between 1824 and 1827 during the first development of Eaton Square. The interior was, as was common at the time, a severe preaching box, with the organ and choir at the West end. This building burnt down and was rebuilt from Hakewill's drawings by one of his sons. The original church was a Commissioners' church, receiving a grant from the Church Building Commission towards its cost. The full cost of the church was £22,427 (£1,690,000 as of 2014), towards which the Commission paid £5,556.
In 1875, the church was enlarged by Sir Arthur Blomfield, and reordered to provide a chancel at the east end, in the Romanesque style, although externally the changes remained faithful to the original classical style. In 1987 an anti-Catholic arsonist set fire to the east end, in the mistaken belief that the Grade II listed building was a Roman Catholic chapel. Within hours the entire church was engulfed, and the following day, by which time the embers had cooled, only the Georgian shell of the building remained: although the fire was out, the church was roofless, with most of its furnishings destroyed.