The Polish War Memorial is a memorial erected to remember the contribution of airmen from Poland who helped the Allied cause during World War II.It is situated beside the A40/A4180 roundabout junction near RAF Northolt in South Ruislip in the London Borough of Hillingdon. The Polish War Memorial is often used by locals as a landmark when giving directions and in broadcasts of traffic reports, as it is prominently situated by a major road junction on one of the main routes into London. Other Polish war memorials exist within the United Kingdom, including those at Invergordon, Scotland.
The Polish Air Forces in France and Great Britain supported the Allied powers during World War II. A group of Polish officers who remained in Britain after the war formed the Polish Air Force Association and decided to erect a memorial. A committee, led by Air Vice Marshal Izycki, raised the necessary funds mostly from British people, and the memorial was unveiled on 2 November 1948 by Los