City Square is a paved open area in Leeds city centre in West Yorkshire, England.In 1897, the Leeds city council of the time wanted to improve the open space near to the (Old) Post Office and in 1899 work was completed. The city square was enhanced with the erection of statues, the grandest being the Black Prince on horseback in bronze by Thomas Brock. There are other statues of other worthy local people (Joseph Priestley, John Harrison, James Watt and Dr Walter Hook) and statues of eight nymphs, light standards by sculptor Alfred Drury.
The White Rose Way walking trail starts at the foot of the Black Prince Statue.To the south are the railway station, the Queens Hotel and the streets of Bishopgate Street and New Station Street. To the west are the former Majestyks and Jumpin Jacks nightclubs which are due to be converted into a casino, the Old Post Office (which closed in 2004 and has been converted into restaurants and serviced apartments that opened in 2006) and the streets of Aire Street, Wellington Street, Quebec Street and Infirmary Street (a bus terminal).