Lambeth Palace is the official London residence of the Archbishop of Canterbury in England, in North Lambeth, on the south bank of The River Thames, 200 m south-east of the Palace of Westminster which has the Houses Of Parliament on the opposite bank. It was acquired by the archbishopric around 1200 AD and has the largest collection of records of the church in its library.
It is bounded by Lambeth Palace Road to the west and Lambeth Road to the south but unlike all surrounding land is excluded from the parish of North Lambeth. The garden park is listed and resembles Archbishop's Park, a neighbouring public park, however was a larger area with a notable orchard until the early 19th century. The former church in front of its entrance has been converted to The Garden Museum.