Guilford Street is a road in Bloomsbury in central London, England, designated the B502. From Russell Square it extends east-northeast to Gray's Inn Road. Note that it is not spelt the same way as Guildford in Surrey. The nearest tube station is Russell Square.
The street contains the rear entrance to Goodenough College, an international residential centre for postgraduates studying or training in London. It has the main entrance to Coram's Fields, a park containing extensive facilities for children and teenagers. Unusually access is reserved for those under 16; adults are only allowed entry if accompanying a child.
On the south side is a major hospital complex including the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery, the nationally famous Great Ormond Street Hospital for children, the Princess Royal Nurses' Home, the UCL Institute of Child Health and the UCL Institute of Neurology. On the junction with Russell Square is the Hotel Russell.
The Hotel Russell is a four star hotel, located on Russell Square, Bloomsbury, London, owned and operated by the Principal Hayley Group. It was built in 1898 by the architect, Charles Fitzroy Doll. It is distinctively clad in decorative thé-au-lait ("tea with milk") terracotta, and was based on the Château de Madrid on the Bois de Boulogne in Paris. Its restaurant, which is named after the architect, is said to be almost identical to the RMS Titanic's dining room which he also designed. A sister hotel by the same architect, the Imperial Hotel, was also built on Russell Square but was demolished. The life-size statues of four British Queens above the main entrance were the work of sculptor Henry Charles Fehr.