Euston House was built on Seymour Street, now Eversholt Street in London in 1934 as the headquarters of the London, Midland and Scottish Railway. It was later the headquarters of the British Railways Board. It was built between 1933 and 1934 as the headquarters of the London, Midland and Scottish Railway, to designs by the architect Albert Victor Heal. The LMS had recognised the need for several departments to work closely together and the new building was designed to accommodate 1,300 people on 9 floors. Half of the cost of construction was met by the Ministry of Transport in recognition of the company fulfilling its obligations under the scheme for the remission of passenger duty.