Bunhill Fields is a cemetery in the London Borough of Islington, north of the City of London, and managed by the City of London Corporation. It is about 4 hectares (10 acres) in extent, although historically was much larger. It was used as a burial site for Nonconformists from the late 17th century until the middle of the 19th century and contains the graves of many notable people. Bunhill Fields was part of the manor of Finsbury, which is of great antiquity, the manor having its origins as a prebend of St Paul's Cathedral established in 1104. In 1852 the Burial Act was passed which enabled places such as Bunhill Fields to be closed once they became full.