Queens University or QU is a private university in the Bangladesh. The university was established in 1996 under the Private University Act 1992. The founder and chairperson is Dr. Hamida Banu Shova. All of its campuses are in Banani and Uttara, Dhaka, Bangladesh. The university offers undergraduate and graduate education in several subjects.
The QU library has a good collection of resources in Business, Management, Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Economics, Law, Environmental Studies, English Language and Literature, History, Culture, Psychology, Religion, Sociology, Mathematics, Statistics, Architecture, etc.
The university has an arrangement of extra curricular activities for its students. Such as sports and games, software fair, seminars and cultural activities.
QU will organize its academic programs into different faculties. Each faculty consists of several disciplines which are basically interdisciplinary in character.
- B.Sc in Computer Science & Engineering (CSE)
- B.Sc in Textile Engineering (Proposed)
- B.Sc in in Environmental Science and Management (Proposed)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Bachelor of Laws: LL.B (Hons)
- BA (Hons) in International Relations and Development
- BA (Hons) in English
- BA (Hons) in Bengali (Proposed)
- BA (Hons) in Political Science (Proposed)
- BA (Hons) in Folklore (Proposed)
- BA (Hons) in Sociology (Proposed)