Tuncurry is a coastal town in the Mid North Coast region of New South Wales, Australia, in the Great Lakes Council LGA, about 308 km (191 mi) north north east of Sydney. It is immediately adjacent to its twin town of Forster, which is the larger of the two towns.
At the 2006 census, The Forster-Tuncurry area had a population of 18,372 people. This number grows considerably in the tourist season. The population of Tuncurry alone is 5,717. The first land grant in this area was in 1875. The settlement was originally called North Shore and then North Forster and was renamed Tuncurry meaning "plenty of fish" in 1891 and then proclaimed a village in 1893.