Sygun Copper Mine is a Victorian copper mine that was closed in 1903 and was renovated and reopened by the Amies family as a tourist attraction in 1986, focusing on audio-visual tours of the underground workings.It is located about 2 km outside of the village of Beddgelert in the Snowdonia National Park in North Wales.
The Amies family was awarded the Prince of Wales Award for "the sensitive development of visitor facilities at Sygun Copper Mine" in 1988. The award was presented to the family by the Prince of Wales during an award ceremony. The Copper mine is now owned and managed by the Ward Family who have refurbished all aspects of the mine and its visitors attractions to the highest standards.
The Sygun complex also includes an art museum and art gallery. The Sygun Museum of Wales also includes a Welsh mythology and Welsh history section, the Red Dragon Heritage Centre. The museum has one of the largest art collections of any privately controlled museum in Great Britain, small portions being exhibited at various times throughout the year. The collection is split into two main departments, antique and 20th century.