San Fernando de Apure is a city in Apure State in Venezuela. The population of the municipality area is 175,056 (est. 2001). The 18th century exports included heron feathers (for pens) and animal hides.
The bridge across the Apure River at San Fernando commenced construction in 1959 under the direction of President Rómulo Betancourt, and was opened February 1, 1961. It cost 8.5 million bolivars. Notable is the Casa de Bolivar, a National Historical Monument, at the intersection of Comercio St. and Independencia St. It is the 18th Century Armory, and was the dwelling of General Miguel Gerrero. Now it contains a public library as well as the cultural offices of the municipality. It was restored in 1983.