The Best of Secret Germany by Rail - May 13-24, 2018
What's Included?• Meet & greet at Frankfurt Airport with all transfers
• 10 nights twin or double bedding lodging in 2 family-run German hotels
• 10 breakfasts,10 dinners, Black F. cake, & wine tasting in medieval tower
• Hosted daily excursions by train (1st class German Rail Pass) & riverboat
• Scenic chairlift ride over Rhine gorge & 2-hour Rhine River cruise
• Visit to 13th century castle & UNESCO town on Mosel River
• Guided tour of Black Forest Open-Air Museum & regional bun baking class
• Private woodcarving demo by master Black Forest mask-carver
• Tour of 11th century former Benedictine Abbey
• Beer museum tour; 2 glasses monk beer, wieners/pretzels, beer schnapps
• Wine village chairlift ride to Rhine Valley
• Demo at glass-blowing factory with "blow-your-own glass vase" souvenir
• Entry into a top German spa with 9 thermal water pools (bring swimsuit!)
• Free time to wander, shop, & explore on own
Best SuitedAll, Budget, Families, Groups, Honeymoon, Kids, Luxury, Solo travellers
Day 1: May 13-Fly to Frankfurt, Germany.
Day 2: May 14-Transfer by train to Black Forest village. Stroll through old town. Rest up & then sample Black Forest Cherry Torte. Dinner at hotel.
Day 3: May 15-After breakfast, day trip by train to thermal spa & then tour of Freiburg. Dinner at hotel.
Day 4: May 16-Woodcarving demo & visit to Black Forest Open Air Museum with regional bun baking class. Dinner at hotel.
Day 5: May 17-Guided visit to ancient Alpirsbach Benedictine Abbey & then tour a monk beer museum with snacks & beer/schnapps taste-testing. Dinner at hotel.
Day 6: May 18-Black Forest glass factory visit with blow-your-own-glass-vase activity. Dinner at hotel.
Day 7: May 19-Travel by train to our secret Rhine home-base with wine-tasting & snacks in medieval stone tower. Then dinner at hotel.
Day 8: May 20-Guided walk through wine village & Rhine Gorge chairlift ride. Dinner at hotel.
Day 9: May 21-Day trip by train to shopping & wine village of Ruedesheim am Rhein with walking tour & gondola ride above vineyards. Dinner at hotel.
Day 10: May 22-Rhine day cruise with tour of St. Goar fortress. Dinner at hotel.
Day 11: May 23-Day trip to Mosel River wine-growing town of Cochem with guided walking tour. Farewell dinner at hotel.
Day 12: May 24-Early morning train to Frankfurt Airport for flight home.
• Final payment due April 12, 2018.
• Add 3% for credit card payments.
• Penalties apply due to current late booking window.
• Please email Ann@TripChicks.com for full details.
No Reviews or References Yet!
Do you know this member? If you have taken a trip or used their services we recommend you give a reference whether its positive or negative. This will help everyone on Touristlink make better choices and will help providers to make improvements based on your feedback.