THE TREASURES OF OMAN
What's Included?• Return Airport Transfer from Muscat International Airport to hotel (Both Way)
• 03 Nts Accommodation in Hotel Muscat Holidays or Similar, Muscat
• 01 Nt Accommodation in Turtle Beach Resort or Similar, Ras Al Hadd
• 01 Nt Accommodation in Arabian Oryx camp or Similar, Wahiba sands
• 02 Nts Accommodation in Hotel Al Diyar or Similar, Nizwa
• Daily Breakfast at the hotel
• Dinner in Hotel on Day 03, & 04 at the hotel
• All the sightseeing as per mentioned itinerary
• All Tours & Sightseeing with 4X4 wheel Drive
• Complimentary water during the Tour
• Turtle watching reservation charges, Museum & fort Tickets
• Applicable Taxes & Service charges
• English Speaking Driver cum Guide
Destination CoveredMuscat, Nizwa Fort, Sur, Wadi Bani Khalid, Wahiba Sands and Jebel Shams
Best SuitedBudget, Groups
You will arrive at the Muscat International Airport. Upon your arrival you proceed straight to the Immigration. Immigration & customs are quick & simple. Upon arrival at the General arrival lounge you will be met by our friendly & efficient Smart Travel & Tourism chauffer who will assist you to the comforts of our vehicle to drive you the hotel.
Overnight in Muscat Hotel.
DAY 02 : Half Day Muscat City Tour
Morning, you will be met at the hotel for a Half day City Tour. The tour begins with a visit to the beautiful Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque one of the largest mosques in the Middle East. Later you visit Bait Al Zubair Museum. You will have photo stops at the residence of his Majesty Sultan Qaboos, the Al Alam Palace, which is flanked by the 16th century Portuguese forts Mirani and Jalali. Evening you will be strolling through Muttrah Souq, where you will be bargaining for handicrafts and silver items.
Overnight in Muscat Hotel.
DAY 3: Muscat-Wadi Arbyeen-Bimmah Sink Hole-Wadi Shab-Ras Al Hadd
8h30 AM your guide will pick you up at your hotel and take you for an incredible journey. You drive further to Wadi Arbaeen, en route you see lush village surrounded with dates, lemon, mango plantations. You will have photo stop at each place. You finally will reach Wadi Arbaeen – an oasis spot in the middle of the barren and dry mountains. It is one of the most beautiful wadis and its pools with clear deep blue water give you an opportunity to take a refreshing dip. On the coastal road you stop at the limestone Sinkhole in Bimah and then continue to Fins. You will then stop at Wadi Shab which means a “wadi between the cliffs”, enjoy a walk through the wadi, walking shoes are strongly recommended.
Going up the wadi you will soon see pools appearing before you and you may also enjoy a refreshing swim in those pools. Early we will arrive to Ras al Hadd to relax on beach and dinner around 6:30 pm and proceed for watching turtles in Ras al jinz. The turtles come to lay their eggs at night and this experience is a memorable one.
Overnight in Ras al Hadd.
DAY 04 : Ras Al Hadd-Sur Dhow Factory-Wadi Bani Khalid-Wahiba Desert
Around 8.30 am you will be met by your tour guide and driver who will escort you to the comforts of our 4 wheel drive to embark on a soft adventurous trip to the great desert of Oman. Your tour will going to start morning 9:00 am. Once you will be in Sur, our guide take you another town famous for its trading and Dhow Building Yard in Sur where boat building is more than just a task, but a way of culture, tradition, and life. Sur still offers a glimpse of those brandishing awls, bows, hammers and iron nails in the pursuit of perfecting the ancient craft which helped Oman establish itself as one of the oldest and most influential sultanates in the Gulf region. Though largely less commonplace than in centuries prior, dhow-building is still very much alive and well in Sur, and has become not only an attraction for tourists, but also for the likes of the ultra-wealthy who are keen to get their hands on some of the most storied hand-crafted ships in the world.
You will drive through small villages and towns before arriving at Wadi Bani Khalid driving through the mountain offering a panoramic view of the beautiful landscape below. You will pass many pretty villages embedded in the mountains. Here the road winds down to the wadi alongside a large, shallow pool fringed with vegetation & ends at a village. We park our vehicles at this point & continue on a short trek to the deep blue pools of the wadi. If you wish you may enjoy a swim in this glorious grace of nature. It is recommended to wear comfortable clothes & walking shoes for this trip. Continue drive to the great desert of Oman Known as the "Wahiba Sands". Soon you will come face to face with the
enormous desert and our experienced drivers drive you through the sand dunes to give you a thrill of dune driving.
After having enjoyed the drives over the lovely dunes you could perhaps meet the Bedouin family to know more about their life style in the desert. Thereafter you will bid goodbye to the inhabitants of the desert to drive to reach the campsite
Buffet Dinner and Overnight stay at Desert Wahiba Sands
DAY 05 : Wahiba-Sinaw-Birkat Al Moze-Nizwa
After breakfast, you will leave behind you this beautiful desert and continue your journey to Traditional village Sinaw. Continue tour proceed toward Foot of Jabel Akhdar and you will stop on the way to see the old village of Birkat Al Mawz, walking through the plantation and small streets with old crumbling houses. Overnight in Nizwa Hotel
DAY 06 : Nizwa-Jabreen Castal-Bahal Fort & Osis-Jabel Shams- Nizwa
After breakfast you will meet your guide in hotel lobby. Your tour start to visit Nizwa, which was once the capital of Oman, go through the traditional and craft Souk where you can buy some souvenirs before visiting the Fort of Nizwa with its large circular tower and imagine life inside the Fort in the 17th century. The breathtaking view from the tower will show you how big the plantation is….
After the long drive your next stop will be Continue to Jabrin, for a visit of the Fort which was once the home of the Imam and was built to be a Palace at first, before being used for military purposes. The tomb of the Imam is still located in the Fort. The Jabrin Fort is also believed to be one of the first schools in Oman. Later proceed to Bahla, a charming little town surrounded by an old 12 km long wall; visit the place where they make pottery and also the old fort of Bahla, one of the oldest in Oman (under renovation, visit is from the outside only).
Travel to Jebel Shams but before going up the mountain there is an interesting wadi, Wadi Nakhr, a narrow canyon. It is a stunning beautiful place, and is geologically spectacular, being one of the deepest canyons on the planet. Go deep inside to visit the village where the main activity is weaving ….. Your journey then continues to the top of Jebel Shams, “Sun Mountain”, Oman’s highest peak, 3009 m. ….. get a spectacular view of the “Grand Canyon”.
Overnight in Nizwa hotel
DAY 07 - Nizwa Fort & Souq-Muscat Amouage Perfume Factory-Muscat Hotel
Morning visit the powerful Fort with its massive Circular Cannon Tower, one of the most impressive forts in Oman and the traditional Souq. Our next point of interest, and the highlight of the tour, is the visit to the Perfume factory «Amouage». Founded over a quarter of a century ago, Amouage is a niche luxury fragrance house that draws inspiration from its birthplace of the Sultanate of Oman, infusing reference points from a rich and colourful heritage that fires the imagination of all who come into contact with its wonderful products. Learn, taste and enjoy the ancient Arabian oil perfumes’ imagination.
Overnight in Muscat Hotel.
DAY 08 : Muscat Departure.
Transfer from hotel to airport for final departure.
• All tours are guided & on private basis.
• Booking can be made on first cum first services basis.
• If any supplement will be applicable by hotel for special occasion then the same will be informed and applied. Especially for Christmas and New Year period.
• If quoted hotel for the tour will not be confirmed alternative hotel will be used and either supplement or reduction will apply.
• Maximum 04 PAX can be accommodated in a 4 WD
• 4 WD & Minivan will be considered wherever there is more the 04 PAX
• Special arrangements can be done for large group with 4 WD also.
• For self-drive if there are more than 04 PAX consider the additional costing per person as per the costing mentioned
Group Size : 2 PAX
Rooms offered : 1 Dbl/Twin
Cost : 1490
Places of Stay Hotel Name
Muscat Muscat Holidays, City Seasons, Al Falaj Hotel, Hotel Ramada
Nizwa Al Diyar Hotel, Bahla Hotel Apartments, Jabreen hotel
Sur/ Ras Al Hadd (Turtle) Turtle Beach Resort, Ras Al Holiday Resort, Resort Sur beach Holidays
Wahiba Sands (Desert Camp) Arabian Oryx Camp, Desert Palm camp, 1000 nights camp
• Less than 15 Days in advance : 50% of the total amount
• Less than 10 Days in advance: 70% of the total amount
• Less than 07 Days in advance : 100% of the total amount
Please note that this tour is on request basis and can be started any day of the week. In case we are not able to secure the accommodation as per the above program we would give you the option of operating the tour in reverse
All Museum / forts visits are subject to change without notice. Museums are normally closed on, Fridays, Saturdays and Public Holidays. Similarly visits to forts may be changed without notice since certain forts are often closed temporarily for renovations on a regular basis.
** The Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque in Muscat can be visited between 0800 – 1100 hrs on working days from Saturdays to Thursdays and it remains closed on Friday and public holidays
GUIDELINES FOR TOURIST
• LUGGAGE: For your convenience. Please bring only light luggage, maximum I medium suitcase+1 small hand carry bag.
• DRESS CODE: Please be aware that you will be visiting aa predominantly Muslim country and it is always wise to dress with more modest clothing in public places in respect of their culture. No sleeveless shirts or shorts or other similar clothing (except on the beach or hotel pool where beachwear is allowed) Good and comfortable shoes are essential for sightseeing. You may be required to remove your foot were before entering mosques or other religious sites. For visit at grand mosque, men and women should wear attire covering their arms and legs. Women should cover their heads with scarf.
• WATER: Drinking water bottle is widely available and is advised in all areas outside of Muscat. Outside of Muscat, milk may be unpasteurized. Only eat well-cooked meat and fish. Vegetables should be cooked and fruit peeled.
• PHOTOGRAPHERS will find an enormous choice of subjects here. It is advisable to take photographs of locals only with their permission. Women in particular do not like being photographed. It is forbidden to take pictures of military facilities, border and airports. Observe ‘NO PHOTOGRAPHY’ signs particularly in Mosques.
• TIPPING is always at the discretion of the client and is nit obligatory. Tips for porter age at hotel check-in/check-out services have not been included in cost of your tour. Gratuities for your guide have not been included in your cost. Tipping of your transfer staff, drivers have not been included in your tour cost. Tipping for restaurant services, porterage within hotels, room service, and any optional sightseeing is NOT included
• Tipping guidelines for services of your Private guide/Driver is approximately Eur 2/Eur 8 per traveler per day. Gratuities to your transfer staff are approximately EUR 4/2 per traveler per day. Tips in restaurant are usually 10% per meal
• CREDIT CARDS : All major credit such as visa and master Card are widely accepted
• HOURS OF BUSINESS: Normal Business hours are 8:30 AM to 1:30 PM and 4:00 to 7:00 PM. Saturday-Wednesday; banking hours are generally 8AM to noon, though some banks reopen from 4 to 6 PM. Banks and businesses close at 11:30 AM on Thursday and remain close Friday. Business hours are reduced during the Ramadan fast.
No Reviews or References Yet!
Do you know this member? If you have taken a trip or used their services we recommend you give a reference whether its positive or negative. This will help everyone on Touristlink make better choices and will help providers to make improvements based on your feedback.