Wine Tour - Georgia
You will discover small wineries that make artisanal wines by a thousand-year -old Georgian traditional technology as well as established wineries that produce world famous brands. You will have an amazing opportunity to learn about different ways of winemaking and taste many local dishes and wines.
What's Included?• Transportation - Comfortable A/C bus or other transport of your choice.
• Accommodation in TWIN rooms - 3 nights twin room accommodation at three-four star Hotel of your choice in Tbilisi and 1 night twin room accommodation in Chateau Mere.
• Catering - Full board catering service.
• English speaking guide service during the whole trip
• Entrance fees and local guides.
• 2 bottle of mineral water without gas per person per day
• Wine tastings as described in program
Destination CoveredGeorgia, Tbilisi and Mtskheta
Best SuitedAll, Budget, Families, Groups, Honeymoon, Kids, Luxury, Solo travellers
Day 2: In the morning we go to Mtskheta, the old capital of Georgia (3000 years old). We will visit the monastery Djvari (4-6 century), Svetitskhoveli Cathedral (11th century).
Later we continue our winery tour and wine tasting at Chateau Mukhrani, founded in 1878 by the Prince of Mukhrani, heir of the royal family of Georgia. We will visit Ivan Mukhranbatoni’s palace, a forest - park stable and look at the vineyards and visit the ultra-modern winery.
Today we will be visiting Iago’s winery in the central region of Kartli, village Chardakhi, where you will be able to taste this vintner’s superb rare wines and have a lunch.
Before dinner we will enjoy natural wines at Vino Underground wine bar where wine-makers will be pleased to introduce their wines & share own stories about wine making.
Dinner at the restaurant
Overnight: at the hotel in Tbilisi.
Day 3: We go to Kakheti.
Today we will explore the rich heritage of Kakheti wine culture. In the morning visit Bodbe nunnery where Saint Nino is buried and Sighnaghi, beautiful 18th c. Town sits on the hill overlooking amazing Valley of Alazani River and Great Caucasus Mountains.
For those interested in horse riding will be an option, instead of visiting Bodbe monastery 30 minutes ride in the area.
After wine tasting & lunch at Pheasants Tears winery, we will travel to Tibaani to see vineyard with 315 grape varities and enjoy tasting of rare local wines. Varieties
Lunch at Pheasants Tears will be special with meet dishes, a variety of cheeses, seasonal vegetables & mushrooms, freshly baked bread & Qvevri wines.
Next, we go to the museum Tsinandali, where we visit the historic garden and the house of Prince Chavchavadze, as well as the oldest wine cellar. Afterwards we will taste wines at Teleda, newly opened small winery in the area of Telavi.
In the evening we arrive in Telavi, Chateau Mere, brief look at Qvevris& an eclectic collection of objects of Chateau Mere. Here we will have dinner cooked by creative chef and spend the night at castle type hotel with beautiful views.
We will visit the Ikalto academy, Alaverdi Monastery with very special wine cellar and Monastery Nekresi. Next, we visit the Kindzmarauli Wine Cellar, one of the largest manufacturers of Georgian wine. Here we can explore the museum grapes acquainted with the work of ultra-modern winery, the production of Georgian traditional vodka Chacha, taste the local cuisine and wines. (Here we can participate in the harvest of grapes and wine production). In the evening we return to Tbilisi.
Overnight: at the hotel in Tbilisi.
Day 5: Departure from Tbilisi.
• Flight tickets
• Single room supplement
• Alcoholic beverages
• Service except described
• Travel insurance
• Other extras.
Terms of Contract:
• Sakura LTD will provide transportation, tour guide(s) and organize all travel itineraries and tour site(s) arrangements.
• Where applicable as outlined in the tour information and included in the cost lunch & dinner will be provided.
• A fifty percent (50%) deposit will be required to secure confirmation of contract.
• Final payment has to be made 90 days prior to actual date.
• Cancellation by contracting party less then 35 days prior to tour will attract the following charges: a) Under 4 persons 25% of total amount b) Over 4 persons 35% of total amount
• If individuals cancel less than 15 days prior to tour they will forfeit tour fees. Consideration for a refund can be made in extraordinary circumstances that can be proven.
• If for any reason the tour is cancelled by Sakura LTD, a full refund will be made to the contracting party.
No Reviews or References Yet!
Do you know this member? If you have taken a trip or used their services we recommend you give a reference whether its positive or negative. This will help everyone on Touristlink make better choices and will help providers to make improvements based on your feedback.