Northern Lights And Whale Watching Cruise
* Discover North of Norway by small ship.
* Experience whale watching
* Go Northern Lights Hunting
* Learn new things about natural phenomena with Naturalists and Scientists
* Go Hiking and immerse yourself in Nature
* The price includes full board, shore excursions and activities
Period: from End of October till End of March.
What's Included?• Meals as mentioned in the itinerary (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner).
• Voyage aboard the indicated vessel as indicated in the itinerary
• All meals throughout the voyage aboard the ship including snacks, coffee and tea.
• All shore excursions and activities throughout the voyage by Zodiac.
• Program of lectures by noted naturalists and leadership by experienced expedition staff.
• All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the programme.
• AECO fees and governmental taxes.
• Comprehensive pre-departure material.
Destination CoveredTroms and Senja
Best SuitedAll, Families, Honeymoon, Kids, Solo travellers
Welcome to Tromso, located in the north of Norway
Your adventure begins in Tromsø, located in an area rich with Norse and Sámi history. Enjoy exploring this sub-Arctic Norwegian town, said to have been inhabited since the last ice age.
Day 2 : Whale Watching in Norway
Early in the morning, you depart from Tromsø. The itinerary depends largely on the weather conditions, the amount of daylight during the voyage, and the expected location of the whales. You might sail clockwise or counter-clockwise around the island of Senja.
Day 3 to Day 6: In search of whales
You spend the next several days along the north coasts of Senja and Andfjorden, areas where many whales have been spotted in recent years. Keep a look out for sperm whales and other whale species here. Near Andenes, along the edge of the continental shelf, whales dive particularly deep to feed on giant squid.
You may also see white-tailed eagles, one of the largest birds of prey in Europe, vying for their share of the herring.
In the afternoon, you find a place for the night in one of the scenic fishing villages nearby, such as Skrolsvik, Andenes, Gryllefjorden, or Sommarøy. Once the sun has set, you can make small hikes along the coast – and maybe even catch sight of the aurora.
Overnight on board.
Day 7 : Hiking Day
Continuing your circumnavigation of Senja, you sail to the small island of Sommarøy. Here there are good opportunities to see the northern lights as well as embark on pleasant hikes. You spend the last morning of the cruise exploring the island’s small bays and white beaches. You can even climb the 211-meter-high (692 feet) Mount Hillesøya, the summit of which affords panoramic views of the rugged coastline.
That afternoon you sail back to Tromsø.
Overnight on board.
Day 8 : Tromso - Departure
After spending the night on board, you disembark the following day with memories that will accompany you wherever your next adventure lies.
• Any airfare, whether on scheduled or charter flights
• Pre- and post- land arrangements.
• Transfers to / from the vessel.
• Passport and visa expenses.
• Government arrival and departure taxes.
• Meals ashore.
• Baggage, cancellation and personal insurance (which is mandatory).
• Excess baggage charges and all items of a personal nature such as laundry, bar, beverage charges and telecommunication charges.
• The customary gratuity at the end of the voyages for stewards and other service personnel aboard (guidelines will be provided).
No Reviews or References Yet!
Do you know this member? If you have taken a trip or used their services we recommend you give a reference whether its positive or negative. This will help everyone on Touristlink make better choices and will help providers to make improvements based on your feedback.