Aurora Borealis in Iceland
* Be mesmerized at the natural wonders: Geysers, Waterfalls, Glaciers...
* Go northern lights hunting
* Immerse yourself for few days in nature
* Enjoy the incredible experience of the Blue Lagoon.
What's Included?• Meals as mentioned (B= Breakfast, L= Lunch, D= Dinner).
• Transfers as mentioned.
• English speaking guide.
• 2 nights at the hotel in Reykjavik, including breakfast.
• 3 nights at countryside hotels, including breakfast.
• 3 one-course dinners with coffee/tea (days 2, 3, 4).
• Northern Lights “wake-up call” option during the night on days 2-4.
• Guided coach tour from day 2 to day 5.
• Entrance fee to the Northern Lights Centre in Reykjavik.
• Entrance to Laugarvatnshellir, The Cave People.
• Entrance to the new Lava Centre and volcano film at the Lava Centre’s Cinema (day 3)
• Transfer from the airport to the hotel and return.
• Northern Lights hunt kit on day 3 or 4 (use of flashlight, blanket & hot drink).
• Northern Light guided hunt on foot one selected evening.
• Blue Lagoon admission, including towel rental, silica mud mask and one drink (day 5).
• All excursions and visits included in the travel program.
• Multi-adventure insurance.
Destination CoveredReykjavik, Blue Lagoon Geothermal Spa, Strokkur, Gullfoss Waterfall, Seljalandsfoss, Reynisdrangar, Vatnajokull National Park, Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon and HVERAGERDI
After arriving at Reykjavik airport, you will be transferred to Reykjavik area.
After reaching, you will have dinner at leisure.
Overnight at the hotel.
Day 2 : Reykjavik - Natural Wonders
After breakfast, we will start the day by visiting the fascinating Northern Lights Centre in Reykjavik for an exciting and informative presentation on the Northern Lights. Then, we will head onwards to Thingvellir National Park (UNESCO World Heritage site) where the world’s oldest parliament met for centuries on the shores of Iceland’s largest lake.
We will continue through farmland areas to the geothermal fields of Geysir with bubbling mud pools and the high-spouting Strokkur hot spring. Last but not least, we will visit the dramatic two-tiered Gullfoss waterfall, a spectacular sight in winter when frozen mid-cascade.
We will stop at Skalholt, Iceland’s capital during the Middle Ages and now a cultural center with a beautiful church. During the day you will also visit Laugarvatnshellir cave where two Icelandic families built a cozy homestead and farm during the early 20th century. The furnishings and buildings in the cave have been restored to show how the residents once lived.
Dinner and overnight in the south coast area. You will have the chance to see the northern lights.
Day 3 : South Coast
After breakfast, we will drive along the south shore, an area of Iceland that is beautiful to view in the winter. This is one of the main farm regions of the country, and the road will pass by typical Icelandic farms, often with Icelandic horses in the fields.
This part of Iceland is home to the new Lava Centre, an interactive, high-tech educational exhibition depicting volcanic activity, earthquakes and the creation of Iceland over millions of years. Enjoy both the exhibit and viewing an interesting film about Icelandic volcanoes at the center’s cinema.
We will stop at the spectacular waterfalls Seljalandsfoss and Skogafoss. Head onwards, passing by Myrdalsjokull Glacier, to visit Reynisfjara beach. Take a walk on the black sands, and admire the extraordinary rock formations and thundering waves of the Atlantic Ocean.
Dinner and overnight stay in Kirkjubaejarklaustur area. You will have the chance to see the northern lights.
Day 4 : Europe's largest Glacier
Today enter the southern area of Vatnajokull National Park, named after Europe’s largest glacier. This national park is also the largest one in Western Europe. We will drive through vast sand plains created by glacial outwashes as you head east en route to the Vatnajokull area. Our next visit is Jokulsarlon Glacial Lagoon where you can enjoy a breath-taking sight of icebergs floating in the fantastic 180m (591 ft.) deep glacial lagoon. Then view Svinafellsjokull, one of the most beautiful of the glacial outlets emerging from Vatnajokull. We will visit the national park’s famous Skaftafell area, a site of outstanding natural beauty dominated by Vatnajokull glacier.
We will return to the hotel for dinner and overnight. You will have the chance to see the northern lights.
Day 5 : South Coast - Reykjavik - Blue Lagoon
After breakfast, we will head towards the village of Hveragerdi, which is one of the few sites in the world located directly in the middle of a geothermal area. Hveragerdi is often called “The Flower Village” because of its many greenhouses heated by hot water from nearby springs. Follow along the coastline with its breathtaking waves and through a deserted community that once was a flourishing center for the region.
On to the Reykjanes peninsula, where you can enjoy a dip in the famous Blue Lagoon, a unique wonder of nature with pleasantly warm, mineral-rich water in the middle of a black lava field.
We will return to Reykjavik, where the evening is at leisure.
Overnight at hotel.
Day 6 : Reykjavik Airport - Departure
Breakfast at the hotel. Then you will be transferred to Reykjavik airport.
You wait until you can take your flight.
• Flights tickets
• Air taxes.
• Baggage porterage at airport/hotel
• Lunches and dinners (excluding the dinners mentioned).
• Beverages, snacks, lunches, dinners unless otherwise noted in itinerary.
• Extra activities and optional excursions out of the travel plan.
• Extra accommodation nights and extra meals and airports because of delays due to weather conditions, strikes at airports and any other cause beyond our control.
• Costs and applications for visa to Iceland, European Union or other countries if required.
• Anything not listed in the INCLUDED section.
No Reviews or References Yet!
Do you know this member? If you have taken a trip or used their services we recommend you give a reference whether its positive or negative. This will help everyone on Touristlink make better choices and will help providers to make improvements based on your feedback.