Krakow: Divine Mercy and Nowa Huta District
What's Included?• All transport in a high quality private air-conditioned car/ minivan
• Professional English-speaking driver
• Driver/ guide
• 3-course dinner Morskie Oko Restaurant
• Classical music concert tickets
• All entrance fees and local taxes mentioned above
Destination CoveredKrakow and Nowa Huta Route
Leave after lunch for Nowa Huta. You will be taken for a drive around in this ex-Socialist quarter of Krakow. After Poland was liberated and occupied by the Soviet Union the communists built the largest European steel mill called Nowa Huta (New Steel Mill) from 1949 to 1955. The new district was built around Plac Centralny (Central Square) and Aleja Róż (Alley of Roses). Visit the Lord’s Ark Church - built between 1967 and 1977, Nowa Huta’s first house of worship, pieced together brick by brick by volunteer workers with no assistance from the communist authorities. The complete opposite of what Nowa Huta was meant to stand for, the Lord's Ark (Arka Pana) is a remarkable building and a true symbol of the Polish belief in Catholicism.
Later, visit the splendid Holy Cross Basilica and the adjoining Cistercian cloister, which dates way, way back to 1266. This is the Cistercian Monastery and famous for its morbidly miraculous cross. It is also recognized as among the most important religious buildings in Małopolska. At about 18:00, have traditional Polish cuisine for your selective palate while looking at traditional wooden architecture. A Polish Highlander experience. Enjoy a beautiful classical music concert (1-hour) in a 400-year-old church at 20:00. Have traditional Polish cuisine for your selective palate while looking at the traditional wooden architecture. After the concert, you will be taken back to your hotel.
• Children must be accompanied by an adult
• Adult pricing applies to all travelers
• Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to - availability
• Dress code is smart casual
• A moderate amount of walking is involved
• Infant meals not included
• May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
• Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
• Wheelchair accessible - if assistance is required, passenger must provide their own carer
• Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
No Reviews or References Yet!
Do you know this member? If you have taken a trip or used their services we recommend you give a reference whether its positive or negative. This will help everyone on Touristlink make better choices and will help providers to make improvements based on your feedback.