Sunset Dinner on the Tonle Sap Lake and Phare Cambodian Circus
The tour will begin at 3:30pm, when you will be picked up from your hotel or guesthouse in an air-conditioned vehicle. Your friendly and knowledgeable tour guides speak English (and Khmer of course), and they will ensure that you enjoy your tour, pointing out areas of local interest along the way and answering any questions you may have. It takes about 20 minutes to reach the port of Chong Khneas.
On route to your private floating restaurant, in the heart of the floating village, you will make three stops. First, you will pass rice paddies and lotus fields (please note depending on the time of year the view of the Lotus and rice fields will vary) and will have an opportunity to stop and take some photos of the lotus flowers which are a deeply important flower in Buddhism. You will then stop at the stilted houses just before the lake to see how the water levels effect the way people live and see a floating school. The third stop will be the Crocodile and Fish Farm at Chong Khneas (dependent on current water levels) where you will learn about some of the trades people on the lake work in. If catfish, crocodiles and large snakes don't interest you, there is a souvenir shop and a viewing deck on board for you to purchase some presents for loved ones or take a few photos.
The boat ride through Chong Khneas will allow you to see ordinary Cambodians going about their daily life in the floating village. Fishermen, boat-makers, markets, schools, spirit houses and waving children are always in plentiful supply on this mesmerizing scenic route, and it is not uncommon for the scenery of Chong Khneas to provoke silence on the small boat, as customers take in the sights and sounds that surround them. Once the trip through Chong Khneas is complete, your boat will briefly enter the edge of the great lake before docking with your private floating restaurant, in the heart of the floating village, with unrivaled views of the floating village and the best place to watch the sunset.
There you will enjoy a well deserved meal and all you can drink cocktails/beers/spirits etc. Afterward, you can take a seat on the viewing deck and enjoy the magnificent scenery. If the weather is good, you will get a first class view of a spectacular sunset, the likes of which you will never forget. Even if there isn’t a sunset, the magnificent and unique cloud linings that form above the great lake are always a spectacle to behold. At about 6:45pm you’ll leave the restaurant and head back to the port at Chong Khneas, where your air-conditioned vehicle will be waiting to transport you directly to Phare : The Cambodian Circus, where you will watch the show from Section A, B or C (please state desired seating section on booking). After the show your air-conditioned vehicle will be waiting to transport you home, to your hotel or guesthouse.
What's Included?• Hotel pickup and drop-off in air conditioned minivan/car.
• English speaking guide.
• Buffet dinner.
• you can drink selection of beer spirits, cocktails, champagne or soft drinks.
• Tour the floating village of Chong Khneas.
• Tour a crocodile and fish farm.
• Watch Phare: The Cambodian Circus from Section A, B or C.
• All check point fees and taxes included in the price.
• No hidden additional costs.
Destination CoveredTonle Sap Lake and Siem Reap
1. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
2. Children 10 and under are half price; children 5 and under are free.
3. Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required.
4. Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking.
5. Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
6. Minimum drinking age is 18 years.
7. Confirmation will be received within 24 hours of booking, subject to availability.
Know Before You Go:
1. Hotel pickups commence prior to start time of tour. You will be allocated a pickup time on confirmation of booking.
2. Pickup times are subject to slight change due to local traffic conditions.
3. Gratuity is not included and is left to individual discretion.
4. Local supplier telephone number: +855 (0)88 8969 093.
• Please pay the guide at the start of the tour.
• Hotel information required on booking.
• All traveler names required on booking.
No Reviews or References Yet!
Do you know this member? If you have taken a trip or used their services we recommend you give a reference whether its positive or negative. This will help everyone on Touristlink make better choices and will help providers to make improvements based on your feedback.