Kompong Phluk Half Day Special
You will leave Siem Reap at 9am and travel southeast through small beautiful rural villages and rice fields towards the great Tonle Sap lake. Depending on the time of year and the current water levels you will go as far as you can by road before reaching the point where your boat will be waiting for you.
You will then travel the rest of the way by boat down the Kompong Phluk river and into the main village. The village is home to approximately 3000 predominately Khmer fishing people, where, depending on the time of year, you will either sail on through the main street of the village (when the water is high the roads become a river) or walk along it in the low water level season. Whichever way it is a great opportunity to see how the rural fishing villages work and people live and go about their daily tasks. You will see a few schools, a large Pagoda and many stilted homes, some towering as much as 9 meters high, which are built this way to adapt to the changing water levels. It is a lovely and peaceful place to visit anytime of the year. This tour will give you the opportunity to see how a vast majority of Cambodians live as fishermen or farmers and give you an insight into their way of life.
From there you will transfer into your small boat and get rowed through the flooded forest of Kompong Phluk. You will then proceed onto the great lake of Tonle Sap itself and see the small floating village which moves in and out depending on the water levels throughout the year. The actual level of the lake can vary by up to 10 meters.
After seeing the floating village you will then make your way back down the river to the collection point where your minivan will be waiting for you to take you back to your guest house or hotel.
What's Included?• Professional tour guide.
• All checkpoint fees.
• All boat hire.
• Transport by air conditioned car or minivan.
• Hotel pick up and drop off.
Destination CoveredTonle Sap Lake and Kampong Phluk
Best SuitedBudget, Families, Groups, Honeymoon, Kids, Solo travellers
• Children 6-10 yrs half price, 0-5 yrs free.
• Minimum drinking age is 18 years.
• Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair.
• Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
• Confirmation will be received within 24 hours of booking, subject to availability.
• Hotel pickups commence prior to start time of tour. You will be allocated a pickup time on confirmation of booking.
• Pickup times are subject to slight change due to local traffic conditions.
• Gratuity is not included and is left to individual discretion.
• Please pay the guide at start of tour.
• Hotel information required on booking.
• All traveler names required on booking.
Local supplier telephone number: +855 (0)88 8969 093.
No Reviews or References Yet!
Do you know this member? If you have taken a trip or used their services we recommend you give a reference whether its positive or negative. This will help everyone on Touristlink make better choices and will help providers to make improvements based on your feedback.