Woodville is a town in Tyler County, Texas, United States. The town is intersected by three U.S. highways: U.S. Highway 69, U.S. Highway 190, and U.S. Highway 287. The population was 2,415 at the 2000 census. It is the county seat of Tyler County. The town was named after George Tyler Wood, governor of Texas from 1847-1849. According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 3.2square miles (8.2Square kilometers), all of it land. As of the census of 2000, there were 2,415 people, 990 households, and 591 families residing in the town. The population density was 766.2people per square mile (296.0Square kilometers). There were 1,264 housing units at an average density of 401.0per square mile(154.9Square kilometers).