Stanley is a city in Chippewa and Clark counties in the U.S. state of Wisconsin. The community was mapped in 1881 as a logging town. Stanley became a village in 1895 and a city in 1898. After the decline of logging, agriculture, particularly dairy farming, became important. On May 20, 2002, the city annexed a portion of land in the Town of Thorp in Clark County.