The Wiscasset, Waterville and Farmington Railway is a 2 ft (610 mm) gauge railway. The line was operated as a for-profit company from 1895 until 1933 between the Maine towns of Wiscasset, Albion, and Winslow, but was abandoned in 1936. Today, about two miles of the track in the town of Alna has been rebuilt and is operated by the non-profit Wiscasset, Waterville and Farmington Railway Museum as a heritage railroad offering passenger excursion trains and hauling occasional cargo.
Wiscasset, Waterville & Farmington Railway Museum:
Beginning in the early 1990s, a non-profit organization established the WW&F Railway Museum. It restored several privately owned pieces of former WW&F rolling stock and rebuilt about 2 miles of former WW&F track in Alna. The museum runs two-foot gauge steam and diesel locomotives and other historic equipment, and has other pieces on static display.