Westland Gate (also known as the Johnson Gates) is a pair of fountains that borders the Back Bay Fens at the end of Westland Avenue in Boston
.Westland Gate was designed by Guy Lowell
, architect of the Boston's Museum of Fine Arts
, and was built in 1902 and erected in 1905.
The fountains were originally named the Johnson Memorial Fountain after a wealthy Bostonian, Jesse Johnson, whose widow, Ellen Cheney Johnson, donated money to erect them. The fountains consist of two large pillars made of granite and Tennessee marble flanking the street with four copper cat heads near their bases that originally spouted water.