Morton is a city in Lewis County, Washington, United States. The population was 1,126 at the 2010 census. Morton was first settled in 1871 by James Fletcher. It was later named after Benjamin Harrison's Vice President, Levi P. Morton, in 1889. Morton was officially incorporated on January 7, 1913. Historic sources of revenue included logging, harvesting of cascara bark, and mining for cinnabar (mercury ore) in local mines. Morton was once known as the "tie mill capital of the World" in the 1950s. The longest railroad tie dock in the world ran along the railroad tracks east of Morton. According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 1.0square miles (2.7square kilometers), all of it land.