Warrenton is a city in Clatsop County, Oregon, United States. The city is named for D.K. (Daniel Knight) Warren, an early settler. Fort Stevens was built in the Warrenton area in 1863. Its remains are preserved as part of Lewis and Clark National and State Historical Parks. Warrenton was platted in 1889, and incorporated as a city in 1899. Built on tidal flats, it relied on a system of dikes built by Chinese laborers to keep the Columbia River from flooding the town.