The Virginia Aviation Museum is an aviation museum in Richmond, Virginia, adjacent to Richmond International Airport (formerly "Richard Evelyn Byrd Flying Field"). The museum houses a collection of some thirty four airframes, both owned and on-loan, ranging from reproductions of Wright Brothers kite gliders to the still state-of-the-art SR-71 Blackbird. It is a subsidiary of the Science Museum Of Virginia.
Exhibits and artifacts
Wright brothers reproductions
WWI and Golden Age of Aviation
- Wright 1899 Kite/Glider reproduction.
- Wright 1901 Glider reproduction.
- Wright 1902 Glider reproduction.
- Wright 1911 Wright Model B reproduction.
- S.P.A.D. VII, B9913, built 1917 by Mann Egerton & Company, Ltd., United Kingdom - one of 19 to Rockwell Field Pursuit Gunnery School, San Diego, California in 1918 (later NAS North Island).